Rules for Female Football Competition
- The Competition will be governed by the rules of FIFA.
- Games will be played 7-a-side using hockey goals.
- Games will be of 40 minutes duration (2 x 20 minute halves with a 5-mins halftime interval).
- Teams are allowed unlimited substitutions during a game.
- Teams will be placed into 4 groups.
- At the end of the preliminary round, the two (2) top teams from each group will advance to the Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Finals.
- During the knock-out stages if a match ends in a draw, a penalty shootout will determine the result.
- Teams will be required to register a maximum of 20 players for this competition.
- Size 4 balls will be used for the competition.
NB: Please ensure that female players are clad with tights under the game shorts – not surpassing the game shorts.
Learn more about women's fixtures